Welcome back to our Case Study Series. In this episode, I am talking with Jan Roos. Jan does lead generation for law firms, and he has troubles to push the limit of making $15k/month.
Problems and challenges
- How he combined WWIT with his GTD weekly review
- The secret weapon.org and Evernote
- Cue off a bad biz mood to TLC
- Wants to TLC during morning routine to proactively head off bad biz moods
- Cord cutting with energy vampire – fewer vampires in my life and obsess about them less too
- Helps me get back to sleep
- Helps me get over bad sales and make better sales calls afterward.
Background and fears
- Jan does lead gen for law firms, good start, client churn due to my negligence,
- Income ceiling $15k/mo (topline)
- Channels shut down, banned from LinkedIn, a limited geo area,
- Went below my min $5k – would have to leave NYC and drop my lease
- Too much 80/20 so didn’t work enough with clients or doing marketing/sales
- Ignored issues with my account management team
- Found a great vein of traffic
- Now moved from 4 sales calls to 25/week
But what if I screw it up again?
- Avoidances/resistance to being in the biz at all
- Money Thermostat Min
- Necessary expenses
- Pay myself first –
Clarity of exact needs
- Paying off debt
- Unexpected repairs
- Tax bills – estimated tax per month
WWIT to have a clear spreadsheet of all my expenses?
- Avoiding my financial reality
- Youngest Age Pattern Recycler
- Chest tight, heart contracted, feeling like at edge of cliff, anxiety
- 6 y.o. with mean substitute teacher, I was going to be trouble
- Raising your self-worth 7/10
- WWIT to get it to an 8?
- WWIT to get it to a 9?
- WWIT to get it to a 10?
- Who are role models for this?
- Richard 80/20
- Tim Ferris
- Peter Thief
- Who are role models for this?
- Not deserve to be location independent
- Comfortable working hard
Money Thermostat Max
- Not inspiring
- IDK how make a difference
- Apathy mist, cut cords
- A hint of a flinching, weight in chest, maybe too good to be truth trap, excitement that has gotten you burnt
- Youngest age 14 with
- Ideal $50k
- Feel a door is shut
- Disconnected from me
- IDK the path to get there
- Brilliant orange Line gets to 40k then becomes grey
- Fear that my biz will become Too complex and cumbersome
- Would have to move beyond flat hierarchy (where I control all)
- Not comfort employing or hiring an A-grade manager
- Need a good sales process without me bottlenecking it
- Need a scalable marketing process
- Need sales and marketing system and staff that is way bigger than your churn
- Need a system and people to reduce churn
- Need a better client filtering system
- Keep set up fees
- Better contract
- WWIT to have all these systems and great staff in place?
- Feels easier than $50k!
- Lack of my bandwidth, fear it would be my whole life
- Wear the owner hat
Tools in this episode
WWIT that reading this helps you grow in your work role and in home life? WWIT it helps other staff at your company?
Learn more about this powerful technique and how it takes only 10 minutes to learn a new technique that makes running your business 3x easier
How many of you feel the same way? Let’s discuss this together.