Madeleine Lambert talks about “Replacing Yourself as CEO for 6 months (Intuitive Hiring)” in this episode of Intuitive Leadership Mastery with host Michaela Light.
- Ticking Time bomb to replace me in the biz
- For 6 months of maternity leave
- Immovable deadline
- Intuitive Hiring
- Knew someone – on paper not have experience and had great energy
- Hired PT
- Now is the business manager – lots of hats
- Trusted her
- Led to a good hire
- Take chances on people
- To replace me during maternity leave
- Handover process
- Maternity leave checklist
- Weekly meetings, weekly KPIs and spreadsheet for reporting
- Filling out my Org Chart
- Pivotal to be able to grow the biz so it could run without me
- Plus SOP library super organized and complete
- Calls to clarify
- How found time for this?
- Priority and focus – why – required to build a biz esp if
- Even for client work
- Every time I did a task I took screenshots and wrote notes in a google doc
- Wrote a big checklist
- Worked extra hours in the evening to complete
- Org chart shows where you and others are wearing multiple hats
- Helps you grow and scale
- Intuition helps me take smart chances in my business
- Stronger biz intuition now
- Bad Hires
- Ignored it because on paper they seemed great
- Got jaded
- Referral to a role she needed
- 4 month trial with goals
- Gave him everything he asked for
- Lack of results then he started blaming me
- Looking back – I didn’t like him – even though he seemed to be similar background and had exactly the skills we
- How to hear your intuition
- Gut feeling
- Feeling good after a conversation with them
- KPI spreadsheet for the weekly meeting – front page has our goals, vision, mission and value
- Prize interview
- Intuition to ask his questions in the way
- Reading people using intuition
- Practice sales calls
- Record them and improve by listening and improve
- Scripted without appearing scripted
- Face of biz
- Ladies of the laptops blog series – spotlight on each key member of the team, home interested, professional skills
- Now fewer complaints – customers are now more connected to the staff
- Fewer emails to Madeliene than before
- Going back to work
- Biz dev
- Managing new sales rep team
- Why are you proud to use your business intuition?
- WWIT to make business intuition more openly used this year?
- Coaching on how and why to use it
If you want to double your profits and half your stress, check out the Biz Intuition Profit Doubler. It is a free course for you to use intuition in your business.
Mentioned in this episode
- Her Ladies of the laptops blog series
- 20% discount for listeners – use code “podcast”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:19 — 33.8MB) | Embed
Madeleine Lambert is CEO of Content Refined, a content marketing agency in Collingwood, ON Canada. In October 2017, she won a trip to the Dynamite Circle Summit in Bangkok, Thailand for her entrepreneurial success and passion.
The podcast about that experience is here: http://www.tropicalmba.com/gregsgift/
She had her first child in June 2018.
Michaela Light 0:01
Welcome back to the show and I'm here today with Madeline Lambert. And we're going to be talking about how you can replace yourself as CEO of your company and how she used intuitive hiring to do that. And she had a very important reason for replacing herself because she had a new baby on the way and there was a deadline for the birth that was not going to change so she had to get organized for maternity leave she is now on but she's very kindly agreed to tell us about her experience
and if you don't know Madeline she's the CEO of content refined which is a content marketing agency Collingwood, Canada and she's won a prize ticket to go to the dynamite circle summit in Bangkok, Thailand last year around this time because she had the best entrepreneurial success and passion of all candidates who applied and she recorded podcast now I'll put the link to that in the notes. And she just had her first baby Ethan in June. So we're gonna wait Thank you so much. Sure What Ethan is saying that.
Yes, sir. Same. Thank you have to pause this video. I'm sorry.
Michaela Light 1:21
All right. We just had a breastfeeding video pools break they're keeping this show PG rated.
Michaela Light 1:33
So great to have you on on the show. Madeline
Yeah. So I imagine it could have been quite stressful thinking that you've got this unbelievable deadline that where you've got to replace yourself if you're going to keep the business running, if not growing? While Yeah. And and how long are you going to be away from the business for
about six months. So I I feel Next up on June 14. And then I'll be going back sometime in mid mid January.
Michaela Light 2:07
Well, I imagine a lot of entrepreneurs listening to this. And managers we get a little stressed thinking about going on a one week vacation.
And here you are taking six months of from your business. And you were the leader of the business. Yes. So the one who, you know, made it grow and dealt with hiring and all kinds of other things.
Michaela Light 2:34
And we're going to talk about all the roles you used to have in the business a bit later in the show. But
why don't you tell me how you use your intuition to find the person who would replace you during the six months?
Well, um, basically, as soon as I found out that I was expecting, I knew that this was going to be a ticking time bomb. And, you know, if I valued you know, taking some time off and spending it with my child, but I would have to figure out a solution to to replace me in the business. So I started interviewing a bunch of different candidates. I and basically, I came across one candidate who I I had met in the community before, she's a local girl here, but she didn't have any real sort of content marketing experience.