Welcome to the second part of my Sun Gazing where I will talk more about the benefits and the perks of Sun Gazing. It has been some time now that I am practicing this every day and I can say that it makes me happier, more productive, and most importantly I FEEL AWESOME.
Sungazing – a quick reminder on How-To's
- Within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset.
- Sit or stand barefoot on the ground outside. If you can't see the sun from the ground then a roof of a building can work too.
- Do not wear contact lens, glasses or gaze through windows as this filters out some of the spectrum of the light and can feel painful.
- Gaze at the sun. If there are clouds that day gaze in the place the sun is behind the clouds.
- Use your intuition as to whether to stare, squint, close eyes, blink etc.
- You can also look in a circle around the sun if you get intuition to do that.
- Some books say to start with 10 seconds and build up to 30 minutes per day. If you are a health enthusiast like me then follow your intuition on the amount of time to gaze. (I went straight to 30 minutes 🙂 I think 5 minutes is safe starting amount of time for most people.
- Also visualize the light going into the front of your chakras, all your trillions of cells, your organs, into the center of your brain especially to the parts where you have headaches.
- Sit or stand with your back to the sun and take into the backs of all of your chakras too. 30% of the benefit of sungazing is via your chakras rather than your eyes. We all have 3rd eyes in both the front of our heads and in the back of it.
- Optional – do some yoga or dance to end. See the light being distributed around all your body parts.
You may see purple halos, have shaking, crying or other spiritual download effects. No worries. All is ok.
You may have an afterimage of the sun when you close your eyes. This goes away after 5-30 minutes. It is normal. Like when you have a flash photograph taken.
How it all started
‘In the year 1962 Mother Mira of Pondicherry Ashram in India suggested to HRM (Hira Raten Manek) that it was time to bring sun-gazing to the modern world. HRM then read widely and deeply for thirty long years on the sun-gazing practices of ancient times, which were once common all over the world with almost all cultures and religions. Over a three year period of continual and intense experimentation on himself, he successfully established a safe sun-gazing practice which he is now preaching and teaching to humanity in dozens of countries worldwide. This method is now accepted as a popular health practice known as the phenomenon of HRM sun-gazing.’
I guess you also have some kind of morning ritual. If not, give me 2 weeks and 15 minutes each day to show you what are the benefits. To me, everything I do is connected with the light. You won't see me wearing anything but bright, happy colors and that's how I want everything around me to be. So, the first thing I do in the morning (and throughout the day as well) is:
This small thing will do wonders for you. And it will also help in the Sun Gazing routine. Check this awesome article from Benjamin P. Hardy “8 Things Every Person Should Do Before 8 A.M.”
Sungazing and your diet
I feel full of energy all day and eat less when I sun gaze. During my meditations, I have come to the conclusion that food actually tastes better after I have done this ritual. It also helps in preparing my body for receiving all the healthy nutrients I need. Be aware that it's not only about what you eat, but how you feel while eating!
Depression is a modern pain of lots of people, especially in the western hemisphere. Some even say it's “posh”. I decided that's not something I ever want to feel again. Sun gazing helps me, as it connects me to the light and inspires me for great deeds.
If I do feel down then I visualize the sun clearing away my bad mood when I gaze. Ditto if I feel tired getting up so early.
When is the right time?
After you have done the sunrise or sunset gazing you can gaze at other times of the day. But the higher in the sky the sun is the harder it is to gaze at it so I don't recommend starting with this method and only do if your intuition says to do so.
We all have the wisdom inside us, we just needed to learn how to access it.
For me, WWIT is one of the doorways to this inner wisdom.
If you want to double your profits and half your stress, check out the Biz Intuition Profit Doubler. It is a free course for you to use intuition in your business.
Never look at the sun through a magnifying glass, telescope, binoculars, SLR camera lens or magnifying eyeglasses (for reading) as this concentrates the sunlight and could burn your eyes.
Additional resources and health information:
- Bates Method
- Alternative medicine as the cure
- Galileo, solar observing, and eye safety
- Eye safety
- Sun-Gazing: Explore and Empower Yourself with the Healing Powers of the Sun, by Nav Aulakh
- The Celestial Yantra Series
- Sun-gazing: Why You Should Be Doing It!