Working with people for lengthy periods of time can get exhausting. The amount of energy you spend is enormous and it starts to weigh in on you more and more. When that happens, It is time to cut some cords.
Cords drain your energy and can hold you back in your business. A negative energy cord attaches you to a negative person or past trauma. Cutting them frees up more of your precious energy for your goals, joy, and profits!
A business friend of mine wrote to me about their experience on cord cutting:
“Today I was on a mastermind call where I had a hot seat. I went in feeling good and very optimistic about my direction. Then for several hours afterwards, I felt tired, down, grouchy and uncertain. These were the exact emotions that the guy who was dominating the conversation had — he isn't sleeping because he is doing a crazy launch. I realized that those feelings were not mine. They even felt foreign. Odd!
It was effective enough for me to just remember you mentioning the cord cutting, becoming aware of what had happened and intuitively clearing it — (the negative emotion) was gone immediately.
I totally see how cords others put out have been energy sucks. And I have been conscious about being with people close to me without making meaning out of what they are saying and allowing their energy to pull me down. That way, I can support them through a rough day and not get myself tangled in it.”
It is easy to notice how we, human beings, often pick up other people's energy. As though someone’s laugh is contagious, so is someone’s negative energy. Unless you’re a sociopath and don’t have any empathy in you, you should know that it is easy to fall under the trap of “caring too much, and caring wrong.” To care about someone doesn’t mean that you should suffer like they do. If you don’t save yourself, you won’t be able to help anyone else.
Be your best self so you can give your best to others?
To cut a cord, you imagine an actual rope connecting you with someone or something else. Then imagine some sort of blade or scissors cutting the cord. As with all business magic, it relies on both the decision you make and the energetic power you put behind it. In case you are freaking out by my use of the term “business magic,” my definition of that is anything we do energetically that affects the physical world of our business.
Examples of business magic include:
- Shifting a negative team spirit to a positive one.
- Aligning staff to your vision for the business.
- Setting clear intentions on what kind of staff and clients you want in your business.
- Attracting ideal clients to your business.
- Turning around an upset client energetically before you call them.
CEO Josh Plotkin says on this topic:
“Michaela likes to use the word magic to describe what she does, and the results she gets often seem like magic. Some of her techniques may seem kind of out there, but at the end of the day, they deliver greater emotional stability and mental clarity. If you’re facing a roadblock in your life or business that you can’t seem to overcome, talk to Michaela and let her work his magic on you.“
Connecting with the light
I recommend TLC before cord-cutting to give you more power. Prayer can also provide both decision and power because when you pray, you may connect to your higher self, an angel, guide or God.
Steps to cut lots of cords
- Ask your intuition how many cords you have in total with a particular person.
- Then you can either cut them one at a time or, once you are practiced in cord-cutting, cut a bunch of them at once. As well as asking how many cords you have with one person, you can ask how many you have in total, with anyone.
- Ask how many cords are left. This helps you keep track of how you are doing with your cord-cutting and makes you more aware of cords you might have missed. There may be a few stubborn ones to deal with individually.
- As well as cutting the cord, it is important to heal the part of your body where it was connected, so that the pattern that attracted or allowed the cord is no longer active. Ask your intuition to show you where the cord was attached and how you allowed it to attach.
- You can also ask questions about the cord to find out details on the pattern. What was the age you first had a cord attached to you, who it was with, what it was about? That can help clear your cords faster because the more consciousness you have about an issue, the easier it is to clear.
- For example, I might have a cord from a client in my right abdomen and the pattern might be that I don’t feel worthy, so I don’t speak up about excessive demands from them.
- To heal, imagine a powerful waterfall of light on the part of the body you felt the cord was attached to until the area feels better. You can imagine the same waterfall of light clearing the pattern that allowed this cord to connect in the first place.
- I always recommend this cleansing step after cord-cutting, because if you don't, it is common for the person to try to reattach the cord. You may notice this — often they will phone, text or email you soon after cutting. Even if you have not seen them in years, they feel the energetic shift and want to try to reconnect the cord to you. By clearing your body and the pattern, they can’t reattach and your energy remains strong.
Note that cords can be high vibration (love energy) or low vibration. You only need to cut the low vibration ones. Don’t worry about “accidentally” cutting the high vibration cords you want to keep, as you can set your intention when cutting, that only low vibration ones will be cut.
Sometimes you might need some help from a higher power.
The most common angel asked to help in cord-cutting is Archangel Michael (AAM) who is a warrior of light and carries a powerful sword to help with the cutting.
Always be cord-cutting
It is good to cut cords with everyone you meet. I do it after every…
- Client session.
- Group meeting (lots of cutting during conferences!).
- After a hug or handshake.
- Especially with friends and family (because we are more likely to form cords with people we are emotionally close to).
Business Energy Spring Cleaning
It’s also a good idea to cut cords with past relationships and meetings, especially repeated ones. I made a list of past relationships you can apply cord cutting to:
- romantic relationships
You can also have cords from past-life relationships with the same person. These can be stronger cords (see below for tips on cutting these) and can be a particularly strong energy drain for you and your business.
Vampires do exist. Not in the exact way you imagined them, but they’re real and predating out there.
People who are energy vampires for you are especially good at making cords with you, because they are a fit for your attraction pattern. A common pattern is victim/perpetrator. The perpetrator cords to the victim and sucks energy from them. Another common pattern is helper/taker. Often there are multiple cords connecting you to a person. They may even go in a circle where you have cords back to the other person creating an energy circuit. While that sounds like it might be energy neutral, in reality it drains both people.
You can cut cords for…
- someone else
- your bank account
- your business
- your home
As with all psychic work, drink lots of water, electrolytes, rest, and make sure to connect to the light (TLC) before and after cord-cutting.
Q: So, if you only have to cut cords with lower vibrations, why do it after every hug, session, or group interaction? What if they were high vibration?
A: Because if I have the rule or habit to cut cords after every hug, session, or group interaction, I save time and mental energy on asking are there any negative cords left from it. When I cut cords, I set the intention that only lower vibration cords are cut, any love or high vibration ones remain. So there is no risk of losing love from this method and it keeps my energy space clean.
It is similar to the reason I have a habit of wiping my shoes on the doormat every single time I enter my home. I could check if I have dirt on my shoes every time I come in, which takes extra thought power and time, or just use the habit and move on. There is no downside and it keeps my space clean.
Q: How will I know if I'm cutting cords properly?
A: You will feel a shift in your body and energy. Often the other people will react, too — you might get an unexpected email or call. You will feel better – lighter and with a higher vibration on the Hawkins scale. You might have a brief detox reaction first – that would feel like having a cold or nausea for 30 minutes.
Is This Your Energy?
A good way to test if cords are involved if you are feeling low energy or negative emotion is to ask your intuition:
- Is this energy mine?
If you are an empathic person, as many leaders are, you may find about 50% of what you feel is not even your stuff!
If it is yours, then use the clearing tools above to release it. If it is not yours, then either cut the cord from it or ask “WWIT to separate from this energy?” Or you can simply declare “What is mine is mine and I release all else.”
What Health Routines Keep You Grounded and in Touch With Your Intuition?
In this area, everyone is different. I would ask your own intuition, “What would it take for me to be more in contact with my own intuition?” See what comes to you.
Personally, I find walking every day and getting out in nature makes all the difference. If I'm feeling overwhelmed from social situations, just getting away from other people can help reset my intuition.
If there are people who are energy vampires in my life or in my business, I make sure to remove them. Spring cleaning your Facebook friends would be a small example of that. If there are people who drain your energy when you read their stuff, just remove them. They won't know if you remove them, but you will know because you will feel better. If Facebook drains your energy, then remove Facebook from your phone.
I also do yoga and I meditate. I listen to my body. My body will often tell me if there's something I need to be doing differently. I try not to have rigid rules, but to go with the flow, listen to what my body or spirit is telling me in the moment. What I may need today may be different from what I needed yesterday.
- Experiment with cord-cutting and notice what changes occur in your business.