How do you know when to quit?
Do you decide to quit consciously or just a way to escape from reality?
Quitting might actually mean that through past experience and ups and downs, you did make a conscious decision to stop and cut your loses.
Every now and then you will read about an entrepreneur who failed, and after a while, he just became successful. Those are the bad Vs. good times and perseverance through bad ones.
But, you might also hear, or read, that To Fail Fast is better than this option. You just try if it works, don’t spend much energy and money, but after a few tries, you do come up with the project and product that is destined to work, and sometimes help others.
One thing that I don’t read about a lot, is how to know when to choose which.
How can you be better at listening to your inner voice that helps you determine just that?
This is what intuition is all about!
Common issues with making clear and powerful decisions
I made a list of some of the most common situations where you might feel your gut is telling you it’s time to stop and move one:
- You don’t have enough interest for your product.
- You haven’t gained enough funding for your project.
- Even though you have interest for your product, you still know it is a long way from being completed, and the funds are running dry.
- You do have interest for your product, but there is another on the market already passed Beta testing and launching next week!
- You don’t have these problems, but you just can’t risk anymore failed launches, and you are afraid that this one will be the same like previous two, three, or more…
- You just got an invitation from an old friend to join him in promising new business.
Let’s take that last example; it is easier to quit what you’re doing now and accept this offer. The only way you will ever know is when it’s over. Knowing when and what are some of the most important questions in business, as in life also. Only when those two combine, you have a winning combination.
How can I use my intuition to make decisions?
This is the time to put your intuition into action.
Ask your intuition some detailed questions on the business. In particular
- Visualize joy and profit graphs for the business over the next few years. If the joy or profit never climbs up high then quit
- Take the question to your Spiritual Advisory Board and see what questions and advice they give you. Make sure you have put some good entrepreneurs you trust on your board. They can be living, dead or from books/films. You just want them to be good with this question
Also when you think about quitting or think about persevering notice how your body feels. eg Tension in your stomach, weight on shoulders, heavy heart etc. Then ask your intuition what these feelings mean exactly. You can also ask the body part what it is trying to tell you and listen for the answer.
Are there any reasons why I still have these issues when making decisions?
It is likely you have past patterns about quitting and/or persevering. eg perhaps your father told you that quitters are losers. Or other kids in school make fun of you for persevering in a game when it was clear you were behind. There may be a number of reasons. Important this is for you to become aware of that and start healing.
Clear those until you are neutral to both. That will give you clearer answers from your intuition on the question without your mental patterns skewing the answers. You can clear patterns using the TLC (To the Light Connect) tool or the Youngest Age Pattern Recycling tool.
You can find details on all these methods in my book Intuitive Leadership Mastery which I know you got during the launch a few weeks ago 🙂
*TLC=To the Light, Connect