Welcome back to our Case Study Series. In this episode, I am talking with Martijn Reintjes about how to “Increase Sales (Beyond Your Inner Limits)”.
Here are the episode highlights:
- Set goal for 10 new clients this quarter for his business TeamCroCo
- Didn’t feel good saying it as an affirmation
- I realized that I have is a subconscious block
- Previous sales was 2 in a quarter, max 4
- Anxious, queasy in stomach
- Terrifying, alien to me, heavy
- I don’t believe I can do it in volume
- But I know I can make 1 sales
- $15-20k each sale
- 0-10 scale how much believe goal 0
- Youngest Age
- Salesperson Impostor syndrome
- Sales is new to me and learning
- Consider myself a builder
- Talking with people I don’t know
- Reframe as a challenge
- New goal
- New target market
- How feel with goal of 1 sale for the quarter to new market? Same
- How feel 1 sale to old market? OK
- 10 sales to old market?
- What is different?
- Raised prices
- Before pay as you go, now double the price to a per project with more features, charging for onboarding
- Added in new features we haven’t done before (i know we can do)
- Pay as you go – feel ok
- Per project at same price – ok
- With new features – no
- Onboarding new elements
- No new features at double price – ok
- Raised prices
- WWIT to feel comfortable delivering them?
- Do it once
- WWIT to do it once next week?
- Find some people to do it with
- A training session for the team – internal project. Document the process. 2-3 hours. Some prep over weekend.
- Commit to doing this by next Friday
- Fear has reduced from big blob to small marble size
- What is left – anxious that team get the results I want.
- Write out the exact results I want – an SOP
- What is the team’s Why?
- WWIT for this training to be more playful and experimental rather than the energy of it must be done right?
- Queasy gone
- Reframe nervous to excited for new adventures
- Increasing my sales beyond what I have done before
- Sales is dirty
- Under some pressure to deliver
- Why want this goal
- Big goal for sales to grow my company to make it stable and make it the awesome company I know it can be
- Community of 12 staff
*WWIT= What Would It Take
If you want to double your profits and half your stress, check out the Biz Intuition Profit Doubler. It is a 5-day quick course using the WWIT technique.
Martijn says “I love creating new things and building Testing.Agency. The new challenge for me is building the ultimate test development team and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into. As T/A is a distributed, online company, I can work from anywhere in the world (what I actually do)!”