Kate Galliett talks about “Signal/response method (healing your body and biz)” in this episode of Intuitive Leadership Mastery with host Michaela Light.
“Today we're gonna be talking about a new healing method she's developed called signal response. And we'll talk about why that's important. But you can apply it to your body, your business, your relationships, and your whole reality. There are a lot of cool things and it makes life easier and less stressful. So I know a lot of listeners would love to get that. And it works well with that. What would it take method that I have written about, and she has a new book out as well, which we'll talk about later.”
Why the Signal/response method?
- Simplify tasks and goals
- Get out of your headspace of worries and anxieties and overwhelm
- Polarities and narratives about “the current thing”, especial on media/news and social media tell you what you should do or think
- Center of my decision making
- Female Empowerment vs criticism and self-doubt
- Creating your own reality
- World shifts and stress
- Kindness and grace
- “There is a lot of noise out there distracting people from doing just that, but the Signal/Response Principle brings you back to what your heart & spirit is telling you it needs” – Kate
What is the Signal/response method?
- Body signals to what I have experienced vs victim mode
- And its response eg back pain, stiff knees, poor eyesight, wrinkles
- Stuck and listening to experts vs your inner knowledge and body
- Empowering: I create my reality
- New Thought movement.
- Book: You can heal your life by Louise Hay
- Book: Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
- Alignment of body and biz
- Body sovereignty
- The method
- Focus on one particular issue
- What is this about, free journal, keep along
- Vs distractions and addictions
- What signals am I sending that either make this worse
- Pick a possible solution and do an experiment with it. Act! Play with it.
- Vs perfect solution → experts/victim
- Narrow in / spiral in on the best solution
- Plan to Hawaii analogy – 99% time off course
- Grace with self and patience
- Curious compassion
- Small children – before programming
- “Developing countries” poor ingenuity
- YOU are the expert in yourself.
- Consciousness = awareness + choice
How did you develop the Signal/response method?
- When she was 20 and sick all doctors wanted to give her pills
- Disease as a label and an identity
- Change my inputs or at least my response to them
- (Past lives, ancestors, society morphic fields)
Healing the body
- Why this matters for biz growth
- Happy Healthy Holy Wealthy
- Sense energy
- Left (original) Right (progress/after)
- My face changed shape in 6 weeks. No procedures or products. How then? I’ve been telling you this forever: BODIES ARE ALWAYS RESPONDING TO THE SIGNALS THEY RECEIVE.
- Always. Till you die. Thus disproving the myth that it is “too late” to make change. No, it’s not. Get that out of your head now.
- I sent signals to the muscles, joints, and tissues of my face (not to change their shape, that was just a side effect, more on that below) and they responded to it by altering & improving their position and function – which in turn altered what they look like.
- This is the Signal/Response Principle at work in your body. You can – you MUST – utilize this Principle if you want to make change in how your joints and tissues feel, in what they can do, and yes also in what they look like.
- Just because you can’t see your joints changing shape doesn’t mean they’re not – for better or worse! If you want your body to be better, you’ve got to send signals consistently that tell your body to respond how you want it to.
- Don’t know how? Read my book. Join my course. Research online. Do what you need to do to find the guidance you need to make it happen.
- So what was I doing this for? The story is long and should be a blog post, but essentially, I was doing exercises to improve airway health up top (ie, mouth, tongue, neck, face), and working to improve my facial muscle function. In just 6 short weeks of daily exercises that took 15 minutes, this happened. Magic. Except not.
- From https://www.facebook.com/katieonbelay/posts/pfbid0pLikFmHzGxDvtdHZCfwCmAUZr5UDbKzJEkDk1LpYnZsdpthmzy1J3ARf2oxj9sv3l
- Sense energy
- Resenting my biz – it shows
- Clear all trauma from past biz experiences and for staff, clients and vendors
- Boss trauma
- Hiring trauma
- Launch trauma
- Spirit and soul of the biz incarnate though you and your staff, clients, and vendor
- Be vs do
- Frank Sinatra's song Do-Be-Do-Be-Do
- Seasons of work, astrology
- Focus action vs massive action
- Ooh yes, it's very applicable to these areas. The Signal/Response Principle is that our bodies are always responding to the signals they receive. So if you’re in pain, something is signaling to your body in such a way that your body is responding by saying “ouch hey pay attention to this!” When you start tuning into the responses you can reverse engineer what could be causing them, and then figure out what new signals you could send to get your body to respond in a way that is free from pain. Now sub out body and put in business. If your business is always responding to the signals it receives, and perhaps you don’t like how your business is going or how it feels to work in the business, that’s a response that you can reverse engineer to find the signals causing it and change them.
- And actually, I am coming through my own evolution in business and can tell you personal stories about my own experience with healing my business (& myself) through using the Signal/Response Principle in my business
- Two 8 year challenges in the biz
Diagnosis and identity
- I am __ statements – power and dangerous
Bodywork to touch the body
- Biz bodywork – being
- Group SWOT analysis
Mentioned in this episode
- Her prior ILM Podcast episode on mountain climbing
- Her book Becoming Unbreakable: How To Build A Body You Love To Live In
- and a companion journal, the How To Be Unbreakable Field Journal.
- Book: You can heal your life by Louise Hay
- Her course Becoming Unbreakable Workout and Lifestyle Program
- Polaris Business astrology
- Book: Man’s search for meaning by Victor Frankel
- Michelle James Creative emergence
Kate Galliett is the woman behind Fit For Real Life, where she’s been writing about how to get fit for this one real life you’ve got since 2008. Helping people build their bodies to be strong, capable, and Unbreakable so they can live life as fully, deeply, and energetically as possible is the only thing Kate has ever cared about.
She’s personally experienced what it’s like to live life on the other side of the coin, where aches, pains, and a distrustful relationship with her body held her back from living life fully. And in fact, you wouldn’t have recognized her then as compared to now. But over the span of 20 years, she’s taken what she’s learned on her own journey and taught it to others so they too can feel fit for real life.
Kate earned a B.S. in Exercise Science from Valparaiso University, Indiana and went on to study a variety of certifications and training, all of which helped her curate the holistic approach she takes to body care today. She recently published her first two books, Becoming Unbreakable: How To Build A Body You Love To Live In and a companion journal, the How To Be Unbreakable Field Journal. You can find Kate’s work at www.fitforreallife.com and www.theunbreakablebody.com
Michaela Light 0:02
Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Kate galette from selling galley yet, see if I can not make a mincemeat out of your name. This is her second time on the show, she was here before talking about the healing benefits of climbing mountains and boulders. But today we're gonna be talking about a new healing method she's developed called signal response. And we'll talk about why that's important. But you can apply it to your body, your business, your relationships, your whole reality. There's a lot of cool things and it makes life easier and less stressful. So I know a lot of listeners would love to get that. And it works well with that. What would it take method that I have written about, and she has a new book out as well, which we'll talk about later. So welcome, Kate, thank you so much. It's such a pleasure to be with you again. It's great to be with you too. And she runs a business called fit for real life. And she's been doing that for gosh, 14 years, I think.
And she's been working on improving and healing a body for more than 20 years. I can't believe you have a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science from from Valparaiso University, which I thought was in Chile, but actually Indiana. So and she has two books that she's written, one is unbreakable, how to build a body that you love to live in. And then she's got her new book, what's the title of your new book,
Kate Galliett 1:31
that companion journal and that goes with becoming unbreakable is called How to be unbreakable field journal. It's like a workbook to help you, oh, become unbreakable.
Michaela Light 1:40
There you go perfect. Well, I will put those in the show notes along with her website and social media things. But maybe we should just start out for people listening like a signal response was like, Why should I even care? Why? You know, I'm a busy entrepreneur, I don't have a lot of time. Why should I care about this? How?