I've heard a lot of good ideas and suggestions on how to sleep. Some are good, some aren't, but recently I have decided to put it all aside, and find my own best way. I often wake up at 3 am too. This doesn't have to be the end of the world. I decide that my sleep is, or is not over, so I practice some pre-sleep and during-sleep/wake-up time routines.
Here are my workaround/strategies:
- I go to bed earlier 8-9 pm so I get good rest even if I wake early.
- I have timer on the wifi router so it is off 10 pm – 6 am. I find I am more wired when wifi is on 24/7. Q: do you sleep better in the countryside away from all electronics (digital detox)? This is a clue that EMF is affecting your sleep. I never have a phone in my bedroom, let alone next to the bed!
- When I do wake at 3am I stay in bed and do meditations and self-healing energy work/body scans for 1-2 hours. While I am not asleep, this does leave me more rested when I get up around 5–6am. You can also use guided meditations on an MP3 player (not a phone for the reason above).
- I end my hot shower with 1 minute of a cold shower – this really wakes me up!
- I take PPQ supplement and St John's wort in the morning for more alertness and a positive mindset
- I take short nap(s) during the day, esp if tired
- I avoid pasta and heavy carbs so I don't get post-lunch sleepy.
- I take magnesium, calcium and potassium to prevent leg cramps that might wake me up
- I do info diet and “pooping”. I will write more on this in a separate post. But basically, taking in lots of info for my biz and from the news is analogous to eating food. Some food provides nutrients in the gut and is absorbed and useful, some is just filler/fiber and pass out in poops, and some are actively toxins and need to be either processed by the liver etc or eliminated pronto. Similarly, for your info diet – some info is useful and can be assimilated into your knowledge, some is just filler and can be discarded fast, and some is actually toxic – eg violent videos, too much drama etc. Most folks never “info poop” out that filler and toxic info. So it accumulates in the mind, energy systems, and body parts/organs. –> early waking and feeling tired all the time. So! I have some nighttime rituals where 1) I visualize letting go all the things that I did during the date 2) clearing all the unneeded/toxic info I have consumed. I find this reduces the wired/buzz in my mind.
- Grounding ie walk on grass, ground in bare feet helps me clear that wired/tired feeling. I go in nature (NO phone other electrics, no other people to chat with) and appreciate the wonder of nature. Sometimes I lean against at big tree and visualize the buzz/tired/wired energy soaking into the tree and mother earth, rotating very slowly to all sides of my head and body. I also have a ground sheet on my bed and ground map under my laptop.
- I do daily sunbathing and sungazing – seems to help with being fully awake.
- I get bodywork twice per week – this removes tension/small pains that might wake me in middle of night. It also helps to drain out old energy / info from my body. I definitely sleep better the night after!
- Salt baths help clear energy – a cup of regular salt and Epson salts in a bath for 10+ mins.
- Sometimes if super important for great sleep, I take a herbal sleep aid. I think it is mostly Valarian, might have some hops too. It helps.
- PS on the spiritual level there is LOTS of accendtion going on for everyone on the planet. Ie, an increase in our vibration level to high levels and more consciousness. Our soul and angels take sleep time for “upgrades,” but this can leave us waking early or being drained the next day. So! On a positive note perhaps you are going through a bunch of spiritual upgrades to become a happier person.
So, while you are pro or against devices, and other sleep aids, take a deep dive and a good look into yourself. You'd be surprised what you might find while waiting for something else to help you sleep better. Or getting angrier about not being able to sleep.
Good night… 😉