Komal Kaur talks about “Shredding my ego (and growing intuition)” in this episode of Intuitive Leadership Mastery with host Michaela Light.
“To me, ego basically is that part of myself that, um, I identify with that I give a label to that is, um, but I formed the image of who I am. So you know, my name. For example, I have quite an attachment to my name cause I love my name. Um, you know how I look, the image, right? Um, right. That's thoughts. The emotions that come up in my mind, how I feel, my body, what comes up in my body. All of these, all these aspects of myself which are outside is what I consider my ego, what I identify with, what I'm attached to and what I feel separates me from someone else. You know, what makes me- me and what makes you you, you know? And that is my ego. That's what ego means to me.”
Her FB post
- I set an intention for 2020 last week, to remove my attachment to the ‘I', my ego self that craves and identifies with labels.
- I had to shed a lot of ego in 2019, and release so much attachment to who I thought I was. It's such a painful process… I was holding on so strongly to words and ideas that I used to define myself. Because I needed to find my place in the world.
- But how can I possibly sum the vastness of this existence and experience into a mere few words, words that are limited by the confines of language.
- And as we come to the close of the year, I find myself with even more being stripped away. Things I hold on to tightly, and which define my self worth by my ability to achieve them.
- The more I learn, the less I know. I see the lessons and I hear you loud and clear, God.
- 2020, I welcome you with humility.
What is ego to you
- Label for myself, self image
- Eg name, thoughts, my face and body
- Vs we are all one
- Individual (esp in West) vs Group/Community in East
- Creates Boundaries
- Being right or wrong – judgments
- Roles and title
Business as a group
- Ego and competition vs collaboration
- Age of Pisces vs Age of Aquarius
Remote Team focus and joy
- Open communication
- Safe space
- Pick good fit team members
- Clear focus for team
- Support team members be their best self
- Cafe Gratitude
What happened in 2019 that caused you to shred your ego
- Health issue
- Tackled disease vs dig deep
- Holding onto labels
- Vegetarian label
- Under my control
- Vegetarian label
- Early detection via nephropathy
- Leaky gut → skin rashes, hives, sun allergy
- Nurture with nutrition
- Self determined vs others judgments
- Trauma in gut
- Health issue
What is health
- Feel good mental, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Sun gazing → mental health – joy, peace
I know nothing
- Learning mindset
The pain of releasing and growing
- A death of sometime
- Resistance to change
- Stoicism and stubborn and surrender
- Gene Keys
- Gift level
- Shadow level
- Sindhi level
- Fida Fadel's teachings on Fidafadel.com
- Business, health, relationships etc are all search toward
- Another lesson / growth oppo
- The Power of the Heart
- Ram Dass – Be Here Now
- As within so without
- Gene Keys
Effect on intuition
- My practices and inner guide
- Mantra – Nipna mantra
- Chi gong
- Listen to my body
Mentioned in this episode
- Teachings that been the most transformative for me
- Guru Ram Das
- I Lost My Job And I Liked It: 30-Day Law-Of-Attraction Diary of a Dream Job Seeker by Lilou Mace
Michaela Light: 00:00:01 Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Komal Kaur and we're going to be talking about how she's been shedding her ego over the last year and how that's affected her intuition and work. So welcome Komal.
Komal Kaur: 00:00:15 Hi. Thanks for having me.
Michaela Light: 00:00:16 I hope I'm pronouncing your name right.
Komal Kaur: 00:00:18 It's cool. No.
Michaela Light: 00:00:20 Cool. Camo car, like C O R E core and cholera course means divine princess or lioness or something.
Komal Kaur: 00:00:30 Yeah. Yeah. I mean it was a name given to us by our 10th group guru Gobind Singh Ji and it was to um, give women equal status to men.
Michaela Light: 00:00:43 This was 400 years ago, right? Yes.
Komal Kaur: 00:00:47 Long time ago.
Michaela Light: 00:00:48 Yeah. And this is the Sikh religion for those who don't even realize what you're talking about. That's right. Yeah. So I've, I've connected with that through Kundalini yoga, which is sort of a sister or cousin or I don't know, came through Yogi Bhajan. Anyway, I, the reason I wanted to interview you is you wrote a very interesting new year's post about how you'd set the intention for 2020 to remove your attachment to the eye, to the ego, to the self, the craves and identifies with labels. And you talked about shedding a lot of your ego in 2019 and letting go of attachments and had a bit of pain with that. So it's okay with you. We'll dig into that later in the episode. Um, and talk a bit about the role of ego and intuition and business and awareness. So that's the plan for our conversation. And anything else that, you know, spirit brings up in the conversation. So I, I think we should start by, because that word ego's quite loaded, you know, what is it to you?
Komal Kaur: 00:01:59 So, um, to me, ego basically is that part of myself that, um, I identify with that I give a label to that is, um, but I formed the image of who I am. So you know, my name. For example, I have quite an attachment to my name cause I love my name. Um, you know how I look, the image, right? Um, right. That's thoughts. The emotions that come up in my mind, how I feel, my body, what comes up in my body. All of these, all these aspects of myself which are outside is what I consider my ego, what I identify with, what I'm attached to and what I feel separates me from someone else. You know, what makes me me and what makes you you, you know? And that is my ego. That's what ego means to me.
Michaela Light: 00:02:58 Now that's interesting. You talk about
Born into a conservative Asian family, raised within a spiritual framework, and trained as a bio-technologist, Komal shed her lab coat and society’s (and personal) limiting beliefs to take a leap of faith into the unknown. Almost 7 years later, she enjoys location independence, works remotely for 7-figure Amazon FBA sellers helping them with their business operations and project management, and has come to the revelation that the journey was always leading back to Self.
- FB: Komal Kaur
- Instagram: @komalschronicles