Esther Jacobs talks about “Positive Problem Solving (even when sick with covid)” in this episode of Intuitive Leadership Mastery with host Michaela Light.
“We're going to be talking about positive problem solving, even when you're sick with COVID, which she actually was, yet a whole bunch of problems comes up. So we'll learn about that during the show and all the current great problem-solving methods she has and why they're critical to your business.”
Why problem solving is a key business (and life) skill?
- Problems and unexpected are to be expected and
- Small orgs are more flexible and fast to react
- Confidence that you can solve any problems → more success, take more risks → more rewards
- Solving problems provides value to customers → more profit
What do you do when everything suddenly goes wrong in your biz and life at the same time?
Her perfect storm of problems to solve:
- Esther got sick with covid in middle of her writers' retreat in the Caribbean
- How to complete the retreat when can’t speak and no energy
- Father’s caretaker sudden unexpected replacement in Miami
- Original idea of care taker solution
- Amsterdam apartment urgent repair problem
- Website developer disappeared and no documentation
- “All this had to be arranged while I was without energy, with brain fog, and without being able to talk, because I had to cough so much.”
- → Minimal problem-solving skills to get results
- Ignore problem
- Victim mode
- Why me, why now
- Blame others and anger – don’t solve the problem
- Positive thinking
- Open to Infinite possibility
- Baby steps
- Knowing which candidate to contact
- Intuition + look for 3d clues (ease, extra effort)
- Feel the energy of their response
- Set intent to get the right one, inner knowing and trust
- Problems bring opportunities for growth and lessons
- Hear the message from the universe
- Listen to my body
- Knowing which candidate to contact
- Talk to the problem – why are you here?
- The virus was confused too! No one wants us, we don’t know where to go.
- Asked to help me – coach my cells to heal
- Vs fighting it
- Light to the “knot of string” that represents the problem
- Action and fighting problems
- Male will power vs female flow
- Search for Win-win-win solutions
- Be open to an unexpected answer to an unexpected question.
- Take a break; to change your location, perspective, and environment.
- Naps, showers, walks all help
- Go into nature
- Explain the problem to someone else
- Some problems solve themselves
- Surrender/ release
- “a kind of win-win solution together with ‘the problem’. For example, by asking the Covid to coach my cells to become stronger, instead of attacking and sitting IN my cells. The virus suddenly became an ally, no longer an ‘enemy’.”
WWIT question (What Would It Take) vs How
Intuitive and rational mind in problem-solving
- Supra-conscious mind
- Angels and Spiritual Advisory Board
Mentioned in this episode
- Her blog post on problem solving when sick
- Book Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
Esther Jacobs (1970) is known as the ‘No Excuses Lady’. She is an international speaker and author who stands for results; whatever the circumstances.
This pioneer (some think she’s more of a rebel) got fired from her home country, The Netherlands, for traveling too much. The same government then hired her to find a solution to this ‘digital nomad’ problem.
Esther works and lives around the world and has traveled to over 100 countries. She inspires and helps other entrepreneurs to feel more freedom and become location independent.
She survived a month on an uninhabited island in Malaysia for the European ‘Survivor’ TV show.
Esther was knighted by the Queen of The Netherlands after raising €16 million for charity with her Coins for Care initiative.
She recently bought an olive orchard in Puglia, South Italy and produces her own @TinyTrullo olive oil.
Esther has distilled these and other experiences into more than 1000 keynote presentations, two TEDx talks and 30 books. Her personality, insights and anecdotes inspire entrepreneurs and decision makers worldwide to transform their challenges into opportunities.
Esther is in the top 10% of social media influencers worldwide and has been featured in the international media over 500 times.
Michaela Light 0:02
Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Esther Jacobs. And we're going to be talking about positive problem solving, even when you're sick with COVID, which she actually was, yet a whole bunch of problems come up. So we'll learn about that during the show and all the current great problem solving methods she has and why they're critical to your business. In case you don't know, Esther, she is a world famous author, she's written, Gosh, 25 or 30, ish books, 30 ish books. Wow. And she also runs writers retreats. And that's where this problem occurred. Also, you may not know about Esther, she got knighted by the Queen of debt Netherlands for raising 16 million euros for charity. And she did that without an organization, it was quite amazing. And she's done lots of other amazing things which you can read in the show notes in her bio section. So welcome, Esther.
Esther Jacobs 1:00
Thank you very happy to be here. You look.
Michaela Light 1:05
Yes, lots of sun and I my webcams a bit fuzzy. So we're just going to take that we're going to we problem solve that earlier. It's just like an amazing screen filter. So I look younger. So but let's just start off by you know, maybe some people listening, you know, haven't really thought about why problem solving this is so important for them as entrepreneurs and for their staff. Why is problem solving so important in business?
Esther Jacobs 1:34
I think because problems are part of life, you know, you can try to control everything, but there's always something going wrong, and always in a direction that you didn't anticipate. So intrapreneurs. Notice, because intrapreneurs are more flexible than most employees, not everybody. But in general. And most smaller organizations are more flexible than the larger organizations.