Tim Conley talks about “Meditation, Military and Pray for Better Business Intuition” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast, with host Michael Light.
“I'm a big stickler for word choice. So, I believe that the words that we use end up informing what we actually think and believe. So we try to have a thought and then we try to explain that thought. In our process of trying to explain something that's usually where we end up using the wrong word. Not one that we really meant or we're using the right word in that we're trying to hide something” – Tim Conley
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
- What is the difference between Business Tactile feel vs emotional feelings
- The importance of clear language in business
- Is scared the same as excited?
- Butterflies in the stomach when public speaking
- Fear when you push the feeling down, excitement when you push that energy out
- Military intuition
- Why we don’t hear our intuition?
- Override intuition with rationalizations
- Vs emoting
- Sense Who you are and what things mean
- How to get started with meditation
- Why Tim stopped listening to podcast during his walks
- Sitting and observing
- Self Decompression time
- The trap of always having to be busy
- Overcoming resistance to meditation
- Praying is ok
- Types of pray
- Just being in a spiritual place
- Getting into your Zone – sanding furniture – mental peace
- Opens up more energy
- Make my team better
- Naming their ideal self and describing it
- Fear of losing control, loss of self importance
- Make a new self-identity
- Identity as a limiting factor in your business
- Listening to a health crisis
- Not listening to who you are so much that you body is pulling the kill switch
- Listening to earlier messages from your body or relationships
- Gut instinct is great But other people want to know if can you prove it
- Seeing your world view from the results you are currently getting
- Fit of Hiring
- Rational vs Emotive vs Intuition
- Marketing sense and testing
- The difference between the bad, good, great marketer
- Why are you proud to use your business intuition?
- WWIT for you to make business intuition more openly used this year?
Mentioned in the episode:
- Busyness is bane for business success
- Key Question to ask yourself:
- Are you team incompetent?
- Why did you hire them/keep them?
- Why are you not letting them grow and do their best for the team?
- Are you team incompetent?
- Arianna Huffington health’s crisis
- Garrett J White Wake Up Warrior
- “All marketers are Liars” – Seth Godin
- Joel Spolsky’s Guerilla hiring guide
- Dunbar's number
- Why you need to split up your company when it grows beyond this size
- Military company size
- WWIT (What Would It Take)
Tim Conley has been serving entrepreneurs as a marketer, mentor, and executive coach for over 18 years and has worked directly with well over 400 founders. He is the creator of the Founder to Leader Transformation Program where he trains entrepreneurs to lead their company. You can learn more about what it takes to grow your company at TimConley.co. Join his newsletter to get the same leadership lessons his executive clients receive.
* other thing of note is: I was co-creator and host of the popular online business podcast, The Foolish Adventure Show, which has had more than 1.6 million listeners during its 4 year run.
If you want a more personal bio I can write one. This was made for standard podcast interview requests.
Learn more about Tim Conley at:
Michael: Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Tim Conley all the way from beautiful Arizona where he might be attacked by a crowd of wild dogs or dinosaurs. We're not sure quite which. But when he's not doing that, he is an amazing executive coach and he runs a group called 00:23 [‘The Forward for Entrepreneurs] and he's been entrepreneur himself for a long time. Expert on marketing and many other things and also he does use his intuition in his business and we're going to dig into that and how he does that. And the difference between tactile business feel and emotional feelings and how you can get into your zone in the business. And what to do if you've got total resistance to meditation but you really want to listen to your intuitions. We’ll probably touch on hiring and how to have a good fit there and probably some other crazy stuff. And he used to be the host of ‘Foolish Adventure’ which is amazingly popular podcast unfortunately, stopped running but lots of cool episodes there. And I'll put a link for that in the show note. So welcome Tim
Tim: Thanks for having me, Michael.
Michael: Absolutely so, when we were chatting, oh yeah, you mentioned you have like a business tactile feel but that's not the same thing as having emotional feelings about something in your business. Tell us about that.
Tim: Yeah so, I'm a big stickler for word choice. So, I believe that the words that we use end up informing what we actually think and believe. So we try to have a thought and then we try to explain that thought. In our process of trying to explain something that's usually where we end up using the wrong word. Not one that we really meant or we're using the right word in that we're trying to hide something.