Joe Girard talks about “Intuition and Sales – Why Being a Sales Weirdo is Costing you Thousands of Dollars in Lost Sales” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast, with host Michael Light.
“Whenever I’m doing sales I just don’t feel authentic, and it’s draining. I feel drained out at the end of the day. Stopping being a sales weirdo helped me have more energy doing sales, and not be tired out from doing it.” – Joe Girard
Joe is the founder of Change Grow Achieve and helps companies succeed through people. He is sought after to help ignite the spark of possibility in others. He’s an authority on empowering people to sell more, have fun, and win consistently. Joe combines a mix of sales expertise, education, and leadership development to enable more professionals to become what he calls “Sales Heroes.” They’re the ones who are willing to do the hard work to serve those around them.
He works with individuals, teams, and organizations to create systems, have a deeper understanding of how their customers make decisions, and build their bulletproof mindset to succeed. Joe wants to change how the world looks at selling and make it more effortless. He’s made it his mission to make selling an exciting process for both buyers and sellers alike.
Here are some of the topics talked about in the podcast:
- Why being a sales weirdo is costing your thousands of dollars in lost sales.
- How to use intuitive pricing to close more deals
- Why sales tips, tactics, and tricks now longer work
- How people really make buying decisions
- Selling in a world where people don’t want to be sold to
- How lack of authenticity is blowing your sales
- The number one sales learning place you learned at, and why it sucks
- Putting on your Sales Armor
- A pattern interrupt helps make a sales conversation real
- Bring value to the conversation first, before you pitch
- Fire the customers who don’t fit. Don’t take on clients who are not a fit.
- Priming with money subconsciously creates barriers and makes us less likely to help others
- What would they be happy spending (just past their comfort zone
- No more discounting or chasing
- SPIN Selling – no longer works
- The Sales Bro mentality and hustle – it doesn’t work anymore
- The fourth brain – spiritual mind
- Public speaking and hiring are sales activities too
- Nods and notes from the audience when you speak mean they are engaged
- Challenge: How fast can you be switched on, authenticity and full of fun and energy in your sales meetings
- People love to buy, they hate to be sold to – Jeffrey Gitomer
- Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness by Jeffrey Gitomer
- The world’s greatest salesman (Guinness World Record) Joe Girard
- Getting Real: 10 Truth Skills You Need to Live an Authentic Life by Susan Campbell
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The three-part brain: Reptilian brain, Limbic brain, Logical brain
Learn more about Joe Girard at:
Michael Light: Welcome back to the show. I’m here with Joe Girard. He is a top sales coach from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. He does an interesting thing. He doesn’t just help people make more sales. He helps the sales people be the best version of themselves, have a good time, and sweat less, as well as selling a bunch more, too, so we’re going to be talking about intuition and sales. Some of the things we’re going to be covering in the podcast episode is why being a sales weirdo is costing you thousands of dollars in lost sales. I have to tell you, listeners, you probably are a sales weirdo when you put your sales hat on. Shocking thing to discover. How to use intuitive pricing to close more deals. Why sales tips, tactics, and tricks no longer work. Sorry, you probably know a bunch of them, but they don’t work anymore, and how people really make decisions selling in a world where people don’t want to be sold to, and how a lack of authenticity blows the sale. The number one sales learning place you probably learned all your sales skills, and why it sucks. Welcome, Joe.
Joe Girard: Thanks for having me this is exciting. How’s it going?
Michael Light: It’s good. Let’s start with why being a sales weirdo is costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales.
Joe Girard: Sure, yeah. You know, what’s funny is I’ve been doing sales coaching for a number of years. I’m kind of obsessive with listening to sales calls, and watching people like I say in the wild doing sales. What happens is when we talk one-on-one like if you and I were just talking it’s totally normal. We have a great conversation. We can talk about being authentic, and all this stuff, but for some reason what I notice was people were getting on the phone they were getting all these calls, and were going to meetings, and they would just turn into somebody else. Every time I ask people this they all go, “Yeah, that happens because what we feel like is we kind of feel like we got to get into this character, or something. We become somebody we’re not.”
WWIT that reading this helps you grow in your work role and in home life? WWIT it helps other staff at your company?
Learn more about this powerful technique and how it takes only 10 minutes to learn a new technique that makes running your business 3x easier
How many of you feel the same way? Let’s discuss this in the comments below.