Erica Blair talks about “Intuition and Overcoming Scary Thoughts” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast, with host Michael Light.
“So how do people make the decision? How do people decide which coach, which consultant, which teacher they want to work with? It’s done primarily through an intuition. It’s done primarily through understanding that this person is just on the vibe, is on the level that I am looking for. This person just speaks to me because the way that they present themselves is very authentic, or the way that they talk about this topic really relates to how I feel about it too.”
Erica is a personal branding expert, world traveler and the lion tamer of the marketing world. She helps people break out of the traditional professional mould & step into the bigger role they really deserve to play in this world. She offers emotional & strategic support as you become the highly visible thought leader you were always meant to be.
Some of the topics discussed in the episode are:
- Why video is always uncomfortable, but you should do it anyway
- Why video is so important today to get your message across
- Intuition as the hidden factor in sales
- A deeper level of your vibe than copy and facts
- How to overcome all the big scary thoughts in your head about doing video
- I have never done it before
- I won’t know what to say
- Every little thing I say on video needs to perfect otherwise people will judge me
- A shift in the boundary between work and personal life.
- Why you need to be public to have a voice in all the noise out there
- How to get started in video
- How the energy of how your position and present yourself can radically change your sales results
- Overcoming fears about telling prospects that you are worth a high price
- Why selling yourself short is a fatal marketing strategy
- Who are you going to trust to be your mentor, coach, teacher?
- Know, Like, Trust
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frighten us.” – Marianne Williamson
- 30-days video challenge on FB – post 1-2 minute videos that you post a new every day
- Snapchat temporary videos
- TLC = To the Light, Connect
- WWIT = What Would It Take
- Presentation energy tools
- TED talk on power poses for better presenting by Amy Cuddy
- Grounding meditation
Learn more about Erica Blair at:
Michael Smith: Welcome back to the show. I’m here with Erica Blair. She is a personal branding expert, world traveler, and the lion tamer of the marketing world. We’re going to be looking at marketing and intuition, and we’re going to look at something that’s really painful for a lot of entrepreneurs, which is being on video, and why video is always uncomfortable — but you should do it anyway — why video is so important today to get your message across, intuition as the hidden factor in sales when you’re using video, and how to overcome all those big scary thoughts in your head about doing video, like “I’ve never done it before,” “I won’t know what to say,” “Every little thing I say on video needs to be perfect, otherwise people will be judging me.”
And we’ll also look at how you can get started in video, and also how the energy of your position … Positioning and presenting yourself can radically change your sales results, and overcoming fears you may have about telling prospects that you’re worth a high price, and why selling yourself short is such a fatal marketing strategy. So, welcome, Erica.
Erica Blair: Hi, thank you so much for having me.
Michael Smith: You’re welcome. Why is video always uncomfortable, but you should do it anyway?
Erica Blair: I think, really, we need to take a step back and just look at why is video important in the first place, which is a lot of people who are starting brands, starting businesses, they’re setting off online because that’s the place that we can access our customers, that’s the place that we can get the word out about whatever we’re doing, whatever we’re selling, and in this marketplace, in this social media world that we live in, right now … Being 2017 right now, and the next few years at least, video is becoming really the center of the social media world. It’s something that, for instance, Facebook especially really likes, really privileges in their algorithm, and so when you’re making video content, it’s something that will actually get you in front of people.
WWIT that reading this helps you grow in your work role and in home life? WWIT it helps other staff at your company?
Learn more about this powerful technique and how it takes only 10 minutes to learn a new technique that makes running your business 3x easier
How many of you feel the same way? Let’s discuss this together.