JP Sears talks about “How I Shifted from Small Self to My True Self in Business (Using Intuition and Comedy) with JP Sears” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast, with host Michael Light.
“I think on the surface appears to be something very different than comedic work. Yet honestly, it's incredibly related because the comedic work that I do; based on my delusional point of view. I'm using the language of comedy to simply deliver deeper perspectives and the deeper perspective is around human nature that things we do individually, society wise as well that those things that we do that's more in the undercurrent of our psyche in our heart.” – JP Sears
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
- How he started making ultra spiritual comedy videos 2.5 years ago
- 200 M views
- Me saying Yes to being me in bigger and more authentic way
- Overcame fear that it would be bad for business
- Playing it small = fear mentality
- Evaluating biz decisions and directions based on intuition and heart
- What if one says Yes and the other No
- How a Yes feels in his body = Light
- How a No feels in his body = Heavy
- What happened when he betrayed his intuition and followed his ego or social pressure
- Reframe: Spare time → creative time
- in his schedule
- Previously had to fight to have spare time
- Overcoming my father’s values: Money, status, other people’s praise
- Innovation is intuition
- Innovation is the key to entrepreneurship!
- What really are humans?
- Body vs meaning and spirit
- Spiritual beings having a human experience vs human being having occasional spiritual experiences
- First start using intuition
- 20s after got a wonderful intuitive mentor
- John McMullin Journeys of Wisdom
- Always going, are we aware of it
- Progression vs sudden awakening of consciousness
- 20s after got a wonderful intuitive mentor
- Videos he was nervous releasing and how he deals with negative feedback on YouTube
- Aya video
- Gun control video
- How he dealt with death threats about his videos
- Why he wrote a book
- Intuitively felt like a Yes
- Growth step, felt right, learning a new skill
- How he overcame fears and developed deeper skills in writing his first book
- Inspiration for his videos
- The serious side of comedy
- Use of comedy to change belief
- WWIT for you to make business intuition more openly used this year?
Mentioned in the episode:
- JP's new book “How To Be Ultra Spiritual”
- Coconut Oil Kills (irony) – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 66
- Genius Uses for Coconut Oil (funny) – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 21
- Using Ayahuasca – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 5
- If Trump Drank Ayahuasca – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 56
- Gun Control – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 61
- Book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway: Dynamic techniques for turning Fear, Indecision, and Anger into Power, Action and Love by Susan Jeffers
- WWIT (What Would It Take)
JP Sears is an emotional healing coach, YouTuber, author, international teacher, speaker at events, world traveler, and curious student of life. His work empowers people to live more meaningful lives. JP is the author of “How To Be Ultra Spiritual,” (Sounds True Publishing, release date of March 7th, 2017). He is very active with his online videos where he encourages healing and growth through his humorous and entertainingly informative videos, including his hit Ultra Spiritual comedy series, which has accumulated over 100 million views. You can learn more about JP and his work at AwakenWithJP.com.
Learn more about JP Sears at:
Michael: Welcome back to the show. I'm here with JP Sears, world famous video comedian. Over two hundred million, many millions of episodes are being watched on YouTube. If you haven't seen them, they are very funny. Poking fun of some new age stuff. And he just came out with a book as well which caused by the same name as YouTube channel, ‘Ultra Spiritual’.
And we're going to be talking today about how he got started on releasing his comedy videos and how he overcame the fear that he had before he released his first video. How he evaluates business decisions and directions based on his intuition and hearts. And how he got started using intuition in his twenty's.
And we’ll also dig into some videos he was nervous about releasing and even a video he deleted. So, that's coming up in the episode. And also, fears he overcame with writing a book and why he decided to write it.
So, great to have you on the show J.P.
JP: Thank you my friend. I appreciate you being irresponsible enough to invite me on.
Michael: Oh yeah
JP: Very happy to be here with you today.
Michael: Yes, so you have an amazing YouTube channel. I have split myself laughing and probably peed in my pants watching some of these videos. But it seems a strange thing to do. You were like a healer or a coach before you started releasing videos.
JP: Yeah, working under the umbrella of a coach to an emotional healing work. I didn't doing that for about thirteen years before I released my first comedy video. You know, very sincere work helping people heal their hearts. You know, I think people help themselves to heal their hearts.