Kyle Gray talks about “Handling Change in the Face of Fear” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast with host Michaela Light.
“We see things as linear beings. But the change is happening exponentially. So our brains aren't really at least our kind of conscious minds aren't able to navigate the fast changing world very much anymore and so I think intuition is essential.” – Kyle Gray
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
- Handling change in the face of fear
- Fear in the face of change. Worry.
- Hashimoto's disease – thyroid → anxiety
- Even when I get positive opportunities
- Reframe the story
- The reason why you feel bad is different than the story you tell yourself about why you feel bad.
- WWIT to feel good about this situation?
- Tell yourself a Positive Story from my future self – talk as though it has already happened
- Gratitude list about the situation.
- Pace of change accelerating ⇒ must use our intuition more to stay ahead
- Talk with a friend who can listen well or a coach
- Fear in the face of change. Worry.
- Writing Morning Pages for more truth in your life and business
- Hearing my intuition
- Unfiltered thoughts – clearing out the mind junk
- Handwrite them
- How to find spirituality in your craft (no matter how mundane it might appear to others)
- From help people through rock music lyrics to helping via blog articles and books
- How to bring Heaven to the Earth with your business
- Disconnected human talent – cold depression
- Intuition as the driving force behind his two Amazon best seller books
- Mindmapping my book’s outline from intuition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- Work on the chapter I wanted to do more today (vs in linear order)
- Writer's block – write the first and last paragraph and let it go
- Micro Digital Nomading
- Why are you proud to use your business intuition?
- WWIT to make business intuition more openly used this year?
- Self honest
Mentioned in this episode
- Jeremy Ginsburg
- Morning Pages
- The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
- Flash Foresight: See the Invisible to Do the Impossible by Daniel Burrus
- How to find spirituality in your craft
- “You must give your gifts generously, not concerning yourself with any particular result. Your brand is the story you are remembered for and how you shared those gifts.”
- Cold Depression
- His book The Story Engine: An entrepreneur's guide to content strategy and brand storytelling without spending all day writing
- His book The College Entrepreneur: How to leverage your university to build a business, escape the rat race and live life on your terms
- Chandler Bolt’s Self Publishing School
- Create vs Hate by Dan Norris
Kyle Gray is an entrepreneur and bestselling author who helps startups and small businesses grow with storytelling and content marketing. He has helped hundreds of startups and small businesses create scalable content marketing strategies. His book The Story Engine outlines his process for making content marketing and brand storytelling easy and effective.
Kyle has worked with many well-known brands and businesses like AdEspresso, Advance Your Reach, WP Curve and Self-Publishing School.
Learn more about Kyle Gray at:
Michael: Welcome back to the show. We're gonna be talking about handling change in the face of fear with Kyle Gray. And we'll also look about how he finds spirituality in his craft no matter how mundane it may appear to others. And also a practice he has that brings more truth into his life and business that he does every morning. And we'll also look at how intuition was the driving force behind his two Amazon best seller books. And if we get time, we’ll… he has some tips on how he does micro digital normading even though he hasn't left the United States for several months. So welcome Karl.
Karl: Thanks so much for having me Michael. I’m excited to be here.
Michael: I'm excited too. And for those of you who don't know Kyle, he's an entrepreneur and a bestselling author. And he helps people out with storytelling and content marketing. And I love his book, ‘The Story Engine’. We’ll put that in the show notes and I definitely recommend checking it out. So let's just come back to that first point. You had a time in your business recently where you had some fear. And the fear wasn't because something terrible was going to happen. It was because something wonderful was going to happen.
Kyle: Yeah, yeah speaking of stories. Like I work with entrepreneurs. I'm kind of the story they're telling all the time.