Welcome back to our Case Study Series. In this episode, I am talking with Martijn Reintjes about how to “Increase Sales (Beyond Your Inner Limits)”.
Here are the episode highlights:
- Set goal for 10 new clients this quarter for his business TeamCroCo
- Didn’t feel good saying it as an affirmation
- I realized that I have is a subconscious block
- Previous sales was 2 in a quarter, max 4
- Anxious, queasy in stomach
- Terrifying, alien to me, heavy
- I don’t believe I can do it in volume
- But I know I can make 1 sales
- $15-20k each sale
- 0-10 scale how much believe goal 0
- Youngest Age
- Salesperson Impostor syndrome
- Sales is new to me and learning
- Consider myself a builder
- Talking with people I don’t know
- Reframe as a challenge
- New goal
- New target market
- How feel with goal of 1 sale for the quarter to new market? Same
- How feel 1 sale to old market? OK
- 10 sales to old market?
- What is different?
- Raised prices
- Before pay as you go, now double the price to a per project with more features, charging for onboarding
- Added in new features we haven’t done before (i know we can do)
- Pay as you go – feel ok
- Per project at same price – ok
- With new features – no
- Onboarding new elements
- No new features at double price – ok
- Raised prices
- WWIT to feel comfortable delivering them?
- Do it once
- WWIT to do it once next week?
- Find some people to do it with
- A training session for the team – internal project. Document the process. 2-3 hours. Some prep over weekend.
- Commit to doing this by next Friday
- Fear has reduced from big blob to small marble size
- What is left – anxious that team get the results I want.
- Write out the exact results I want – an SOP
- What is the team’s Why?
- WWIT for this training to be more playful and experimental rather than the energy of it must be done right?
- Queasy gone
- Reframe nervous to excited for new adventures
- Increasing my sales beyond what I have done before
- Sales is dirty
- Under some pressure to deliver
- Why want this goal
- Big goal for sales to grow my company to make it stable and make it the awesome company I know it can be
- Community of 12 staff
*WWIT= What Would It Take
Martijn says “I love creating new things and building Testing.Agency. The new challenge for me is building the ultimate test development team and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into. As T/A is a distributed, online company, I can work from anywhere in the world (what I actually do)!”
WWIT that reading this helps you grow in your work role and in home life? WWIT it helps other staff at your company?
Learn more about this powerful technique and how it takes only 10 minutes to learn a new technique that makes running your business 3x easier
How many of you feel the same way? Let’s discuss this together.